Injection Process Technician
This position must have the ability to process and operate Injection Molding Machines, preferably UBE Electric or Hydraulic Machines. Monitor, maintain, identify and implement productivity improvements that include cycle time reductions. Launch new molds and obtain first piece approval to engineering standards. Train team members to effectively use the procedures in their day-to-day roles. Develop and implement well-managed process for mold changes to optimize uptime and ensure performance objectives are achieved. Train and mentor other team members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain efficiency to the approved standard
- Experience in setting up and launching first piece production
- Knowledge of different resins and their performance under various process parameters
- Processing experience with both open and closed loop systems
- Basic understanding of mold construction including types of material and mechanical function
- Maintain work area and equipment by cleaning, organizing and keeping it in orderly condition
- Communicate with previous shift to receive important job information
- Communicate with supervisors when there are issues
- Complete other duties, as assigned
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate required
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive work in a fast-paced work environment, which includes long periods of standing.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes on a regular basis
- Wittman Robot experience is a plus
- Able to work in a team environment
- Location: FMT Plastic Production Plant - 433 West Main Cross, Findlay, Ohio 45840
- This position will report to the Plant Manager
FMT is an equal opportunity employer. The Statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.