Findlay Plastics is seeking a Production Manager with proven success in injection molding to lead our production team and optimize efficiencies. The Production Manager will take direct responsibility for shift leadership and KPI’s and foster a positive work environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure production standards are met and communicate KPI’s.
- Coordinate daily production activities and resources to ensure operations metrics are achieved.
- Comprehend the regulatory environment and company policies, and ensure production systems, documentation, and processes are in compliance at all times.
- Develop personal knowledge of equipment and manufacturing systems to provide a highly competent technical resource for all shifts.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve and/or troubleshoot production related issues.
- Build technical competencies within all production shifts by sharing knowledge, coaching, and providing ongoing trainings.
- Ensure all shifts implement and utilize solutions and technologies in support of improved safety, quality, continuous improvement, and optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Develop all shift teams and build an effective operating culture by setting clear expectations, providing on going coaching, and assessing employee performance.
- Oversee the accurate and timely completion of production records.
- Remove waste and constraints form the production processes to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Be available and on call as needed as a resource to the operation during all operating hours.
- Foster a safety-first work environment.
- Ensure all safety and incident reports are completed and communicated in a timely manner.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a process technician in injection molding.
- Experience training, directing, and coordinating the activities of others in a manufacturing environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Well developed organizational and time management skills.
- Database entry and reporting experience.
- History of innovation, initiative, self-improvement, and leadership by example.
- Strong analytical and computer system skills.
- Location: FMT Plastic Production Plant - 433 West Main Cross, Findlay, Ohio 45840
- This position will report to the Plant Manager
FMT is an equal opportunity employer. The Statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.