This position must have the ability to perform preventative and corrective maintenance on Injection Molding Machines (Electric and Hydraulic), ancillary equipment such as chillers and air compressors, and general facility maintenance. The maintenance technician will act as an integral member of the production team and will share direct responsibility for down time and efficiencies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Analyze repetitive disturbances and solve production and machine disruptions.
- Perform adjustments to machines, tuning activities, and operate/start up machines when required.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Install mechanical, plumbing or electrical equipment and conduits.
- Repair mechanical, plumbing, or electrical equipment and conduits.
- Read electrical schematics, trouble shoot and diagnose various electrical issues.
- Proficient and comfortable within electrical systems up to 480v.
- Perform facility maintenance, repairs, and installations as needed.
- Maintain work area and equipment by cleaning, organizing, and keeping it in orderly condition.
- Communicate with previous shift to receive important job information.
- Communicate with supervisors when there are issues.
- Complete other duties, as assigned.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in industrial machine maintenance.
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive work in a fast-paced work environment, which includes long periods of standing.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills.
- Attention to detail is imperative.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes on a regular basis.
- Wittman Robot experience is a plus.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Location: FMT Plastic Production Plant - 433 West Main Cross Findlay, Ohio 45840
- This position will report to the Production Manager.
FMT is an equal opportunity employer. The Statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.