Quality parts start with properly designed, engineered, manufactured and maintained tooling. We also understand that tooling represents one of the largest investments our clients will make. We help you protect that investment by partnering with the best in the industry to provide our customers with high-quality tooling engineered to meet or exceed the needs of each and every parts production program. With unparalleled experience with large, high-volume parts production, we understand the importance of getting your tooling right.
- Tool design and engineering
- Prototype and low-volume tooling
- High-volume production tooling
- Single or multi-cavity
Transfer and Takeover
Thinking about switching suppliers, or need extra capacity to keep up? If you already have tooling we are ready to get your job up and running. We can design a tool transfer program and have you up and running with minimal headaches and production downtime. Give us a call to talk about moving your tooling to FMT.
Tool and Die Repair
Plastic injection tooling requires regular maintenance and repair to maintain high part quality and improve the longevity of your investment. FMT offers on-site mold and tool maintenance and repair services designed to consistently deliver high quality parts and long tool life while minimizing production downtime.
With over 30 years of industry experience in both advanced machining and plastic injection molding, and a well equipped in-house machine shop, we offer a diverse complement of machining and CNC services.
Tooling Repair and Maintenance Capabilities
- 3D CAD modeling
- CNC milling
- CNC turning
- Precision grinding and polishing
- Drilling operations
- Certified welding and metallurgy
- Hydraulic flow testing
- Molds up to 100,000lbs
- 120,000 square foot machining and manufacturing facility
- Hauling capabilities up to 30,000lbs
- Inspection, tear down and preventative maintenance
- Complete preventative maintenance program, based on part volume—monthly, quarterly, or annual options
- Tool revisions to improve molding condition, increase product efficiency, and tool capabilities
- Tool troubleshooting and testing on our modern injection molding machines
- Repairs to neglected, worn or damaged tooling
- Tool transfer and storage service
- History and documentation